Hey guys! Welcome back to another exciting installment of Wizarding Wednesday!
These past few weeks have been incredibly busy for me because I’ve been at band camp eight hours a day, so I decided to take some time to unwind and answer the Ultimate Harry Potter tag. It’s actually super fun, so if you haven’t had a chance to do it yet, consider yourself tagged.
- Favorite book?
It changes pretty often, but right now it’s Order of the Phoenix. I just love the Dumbledore’s Army scenes so much.
- Least favorite book?
Probably Prisoner of Azkaban, because that book stresses me out.
- Favorite movie?
I have such a soft spot for the first Harry Potter movie. If I’m going to watch one just for fun I’d probably watch that one. It just feels so lovely and magical.
- Least favorite movie?
I’m so infuriated by how much they changed The Half-Blood Prince.
- Favorite quote?
“The thing about growing up with Fred and George,” said Ginny thoughtfully, “is that you sort of start thinking anything’s possible if you’ve got enough nerve.” – Order of the
- Favorite Weasley?
Ginny Weasley. As if you guys didn’t already know. I love her so, so much.
- Favorite villain?
You can’t really get any better than Voldemort. He’s so wonderfully evil, but at the same time he’s ridiculously overdramatic. I love it.
- Favorite female character?
I love Ginny, Hermione, and Luna equally. I want to be part of a girl gang with them.
- Favorite male character?
Harry! I love my sweet child soooo much. He’s so selfless, and sassy, and perfect.
- Favorite professor?
Professor McGonagall. She’s such a strong, badass character, and she genuinely cares about her students. (Unlike some slimy Slytherins I could name.)
- Would you rather wash Snape’s hair or spend a day listening to Lockheart rant about himself?
I wouldn’t touch Severus Snape with a ten foot pole.
- Would you rather duel an elated Bellatrix or an angry Molly?
Elated Bellatrix any day. An angry Molly Weasley is probably one of the most terrifying things I could think of.
- Would you rather travel to Hogwarts via The Hogwarts Express or Flying Car?
The Hogwarts Express! I have literally always wanted to ride on the Hogwarts express. It just seems like it would be so much fun.
- Would you rather kiss Voldemort or give Umbridge a bubble bath?
I wouldn’t touch Dolores Umbridge with a ten foot pole either.
- Would you rather ride a Hippogriff or ride a Firebolt?
That’s a hard choice. I’m pretty afraid of heights, but I’d have to go with the Firebolt. It’s probably less likely to get me killed.
- Is there a character you felt differently about in the movies?
- Is there a movie you preferred to the book?
No way. The books will always be so much better.
- Richard Harris or Michael Gambon as Dumbledore?
I actually don’t have an opinion on this one.
- Your top thing that wasn’t in a movie that you wanted there the most?
I could write a whole post about how angry the Half-Blood Prince movie makes me because of how much they left out.
- If you could remake any of the Harry Potter movies which would it be?
Half-Blood Prince. I’d make it suck a lot less.
- Which house was your first gut feeling you’d be a part of?
When I was little I wanted to be a part of Gryffindor, because they seemed like one big family and I really wanted to be a part of that.
- Which house were you actually voted into on Pottermore?
Hufflepuff! I love being a Hufflepuff, and I will fight anyone who badmouths my house.
- Which class would be your favorite?
I think I’d like Defense Against the Dark Arts, as long as it’s taught by a competent professor.
- Which spell do you think would be most useful to learn?
I don’t know if it’s the most useful, but I’d really want to learn the Patronus Charm.
- Which character do you think you’d instantly become friends with?
I actually think I’d get along great with Neville or Luna.
- If you could own now of the three Hallows, which would it be?
The cloak. Once again, least likely to get me killed.
- Is there any aspect of the books you’d want to change?
I do think a Draco redemption arc would be nice.
- Favorite Marauder?
I love Remus so much. He’s just too good.
- If you could bring one character back to life, which would it be?
There are so many deaths that just absolutely broke my heart, but I’d have to pick Fred. Thinking about his family without him is just so sad.
- Hallows or Horcruxes?
Hallows. I don’t think there’s any way I could ever create a horcrux.
Do you love Harry Potter as much as I do? Would you like to chat about all things Potter? Leave a comment! I’d love to hear from you.